Monday 14 March 2011

10pm
at my door
Flowers and wine
I nearly fell to the floor

Chats and laughs
Tension, yeah
Nice cuddles,
Stroking my hair

I let you in a bit
to that warm soft space in my heart
The place you occupied before
When I loved you

Standing by the door,
We nearly kiss
We resist
And it's all the sweeter.

I dance, I dream
I smile, I revel
While miles away
You're whoring out again.

Pretty sure I told you not to mess with me again
But seems you need a reminder,
I'm a mother now
A Goddess now
And I will eat you alive.

Richocheting from ex to ex
Your life's a mess
Don't come in here on my peace
Bearing orchids and promise of sweet relief

You enter my house
You enter my heart
Just like last time
But now I'm smart

You've riled me up
You've gotta go
Fling wide the door
For your DJ ego

I stand seething
As petals fall to the floor
A cry from upstairs
And I'm needed once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment