Saturday 30 July 2011

Nature

Nature

I can't live without her. She is so absolutely vital to the very essence of me, I stifle when I do not have her close.

Every second Saturday since January we have had contact at Buxton, which means staying at my parents' for the weekend, no big deal cos it means they take Ro out on a sunday. Saturday evenings after tea I walk in the fields behind their house while they bath Ro. Tonight, they've taken him to a BBQ, since he isn't sleeping til anyway just recently.

As soon as they left I was over the fence, walking barefoot through the fields, grounded. Sat on the fairy mound, gave thanks. Scrambled up a Hawthorn tree, lay down and loved it. Let the love flow, let the love flow... it gifted me some leaves to invite love. I slid down to the roots and lay, smiling, to see a lone baby thistle...hello again. I watched a greenfly, who in turn was inspecting me. I merged with its energy field and for a second felt its lifeforce… saw the world through its eyes… just for a second. This world, so intricate. This time in my conversation with thistle I was invited to take a head, bearing two flowers. I felt remarkably pleased. Especially after the last two firm rebuttals (at camp). A nearby red clover offered a flower, and my small pocket was full. I was already carrying shoes and book (Secret Teachings of Plants, S. Buhner). Time to go home and make tea; I took the long, winding route through the patch of woodland - elegant elder nettles and proud grandmama thistles guarding the entrance. "You may pass. Tread lightly" So I did. Drink it in, drink it in... the very medicine is in the experience. A little further on, older thistles with surprisingly furry heads... like rabbits' tails, so soft and bobbled brown... made me laugh and give such joyous thanks for the absolute beauty of nature. How could anyone think plants are not sentient beings when presented with such humour!!! Just open your hearts and listen with your soul-ears, they are speaking ... their conversation buzzes in my ears and I am still so much a baby in this field, yet so jaded and cynical for 23 human years.

So, if I can sit here supping my proffered herby gifts in a simple, wild tea… what’s stopping you? Get out there…ask, and ye shall receive. Be respectful in your dealings. Give thanks. Live your birthright.

In peace,
Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment