Friday 1 July 2011

Breathe (a poem).

Breathe. 


Just take time
To be
Still.
In my arms,
I watch him breathing.
Chocolate-covered shirt
And dirt
On his face
The milky mouth
Feeds from space.

Just take time
To breathe,
Mama.
In, out,
Lose count
Of the times you lost your temper
Of the times it wasn’t perfect
This moment is all there is
This peace
This bliss.

Submerge me totally.

I surrender to you.

My house needs cleaning,
But you’re busy dreaming
The house will be here tomorrow
But you’ll never be
16 months and 9 days old again
So I treasure every second
Because…
Each minute past
Is a little death
The baby I’ll never have again
Gone,
Confined to memories
Photographs, videos…
I’ve plenty of those.
I’m glad I do;
Each moment changes you.

Holding you in my arms
I breathe with you
Rise and fall…
Rise and fall…
In the Universe
This is All.

There is only this moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment